Fish Tugs of the Greatest Lake
MISS CHARLEVOIX 33 ft. x 10 ft. fishing vessel equipped with a Kermath diesel engine. In 1948 she was owned by Les Emory, Owosso, Mich. and offered for sale. The boat had several owners over the years, the most notable being Emerald LeBlance, at Charlevoix. What is most interesting is that the boat had a Kermath diesel engine. Kermath was noted for their line of large gas engines. The author's boat, QUEEN OF BAYFIELD, had a smaller four cylinder Kermath for several years, before being equipped with a Chrysler gas engine.
Photo taken at Charlevoix, Mich., c. 1940s.
contents copyright 2002-2016, Harvey Hadland and Bob Mackreth