Fish Tugs of the Greatest Lake
KATHERINE V. Built by Henry Vincent in 1928, at Rogers City, Mich., the 58 ft. x 13 ft. vessel was equipped with a 75-90 hp. Kahlenberg oil engine. In the ownership of the Vogelheim family from the time it was built, except from 1973 to 1977, when it was sold to be converted to a yacht. This never materialized, so she was bought back, and since the mid- 1980s she has been sitting ashore on the Vogelhein property.
Photo: Katherine V in the ice at Rogers City, Michigan, in the 1930s.
contents copyright 2002-2016, Harvey Hadland and Bob Mackreth