Fish Tugs of the Greatest Lake
JEAN R. 230036 Built at Sturgeon Bay in 1930, for Otto P. Rodal, Frankfort, Mich. The 55 ft. x 13 ft. steel hulled vessel was steam powered until 1945, when a 100-120 hp. Kahlenberg oil engine was installed. In 1966 the boat was owned by Ralph Cross and stationed at Alpena, Mich.
At the dock in Waukegan, early 1970s. (Photo courtesy Steve Ceskowski)
contents copyright 2002-2013, Harvey Hadland and Bob Mackreth