Fish Tugs of the Greatest Lake
MARGARET Built by Peterson Boat Works, Sturgeon Bay, Wis., in 1934, for Ed Iverson, Frankfort, Mich. The 45 ft. x 12 ft. vessel was equipped with a 45-54 Kahlenberg oil engine. Iverson died not long after he acquired the boat, and it was then sold to Frank Eichler, at Kenosha. In 1944 Eichler sold the boat to Everett Johnson, Port Wing, Wis. In 1980 Dean Halvorson bought her from Johnson, fished her one year, and put her ashore and offered her for sale. After a few years the boat was bought and converted to a tug yacht design, the Kahlenberg replaced with a GM 6-71 diesel. Converted to a pleasure craft, the boat is now in Duluth.
See also another boat named MARGARET.
contents copyright 2002-2016, Harvey Hadland and Bob Mackreth