Fish Tugs of the Greatest Lake
SUSAN M. (SHAMROCK)
Built at Cornucopia, WI in 1945 by Thomas H. Jones, Sr., the 40 ft. vessel was equipped with a Model DCMR468 Buda diesel, and owned by Michael and George Stark of Cornucopia. In the early 1960 Martin Johnson, Bayfield, WI, acquired the boat and fished with it for a number of years. When sold the boat eventually ended up at Hancock, MI and was re-named SHAMROCK. After various uses it was fished for a short time and then abandoned.
Photo: SUSAN M. at Cornucopia.
contents copyright 2002-2016, Harvey Hadland and Bob Mackreth