Fish Tugs of the Greatest Lake
Built by Sturgeon Bay Boat Works in 1936, for Johnson-Voight, a partnership of Ellison Bay, WI. The 42 ft. x 12 ft. vessel was equipped with a 45-54 Kahlenberg oil engine. Not too long after being built the owners moved to Port Wing, WI and the partnership was dissolved, with Norman and Harris Johnson taking ownership. The boat was operated at Port Wing until 1975, when the boat and dock and twine shed were burned in a fire of mysterious origin. Arson was strongly suspected.
Photo: ROAMER frozen in at Port Wing, mid-1950s.
contents copyright 2002-2016, Harvey Hadland and Bob Mackreth