Fish Tugs of the Greatest Lake
Built at Cornucopia, Wis. in 1946, by William Evanow. The 37 ft. vessel was equipped with a Chrysler Crown gas engine. Evanow fished the boat into the 1970s. It was then sold to John Defoe, Jr., Bayfield, Wis. and operated for a few years. After sitting ashore for a time it was bought by Lawrence Day, and operated into the early 1990s. It is presently ashore at Schooner Bay, north of Bayfield.
Photo: KAREN LEA at Bayfield, April 1981.
contents copyright 2002-2016, Harvey Hadland and Bob Mackreth